After having a stressful day at work, I thought it would be fun to write about something light and enjoyable. As many of you may know, I am a university student. This means I am broke. However, being broke does not mean you can’t have fun with your significant other! A big part of being able to do things with your partner might include a little extra work on your part. It might involve saving your pennies for a special day out, collecting coupons, searching your local newspaper for free events, or being extra creative. Whatever it may include, the extra effort you put in to have a good time with your gal or stud is well worth it. Here are some fun ideas that are inexpensive or FREE!
- Have a board game night with homemade pizza.
- Create a photo scavenger hunt together and hit the town to complete it.
- Watch a movie series together.
- Watch a movie together and create your own dubbing while the sound is muted.
- See if your library or community center provides people with free passes to museums or art galleries.
- Keep an eye out for coupons for restaurants you love or subscribe by e-mail to those restaurants.
- Have a garage sale and use the money you make to go on a date.
- Volunteer together.
- See what specials Groupon has going.
- Go out with a group of friends and split the cost.
- Create a painting together.
- Write a story together.
- Swim at the community pool.
- Visit the library and find the weirdest book you can find.
- Do a puzzle together.
- Visit a thrift store and create outfits for each other, try them on, and show each other.
- Write a blog together.
- Start a vegetable garden.
- Play 20 questions.
- Dance to some music!
These are just a few ideas, but brainstorming new inexpensive ideas with your partner can be fun too!
What was the most enjoyable date you went on? Do you have an inexpensive date idea?
Until next time,