So maybe you are in the same boat as me and my fiancé and you are planning a wedding. If so then you will understand what I am about to say next: Weddings are STRESSFUL!
Don’t get me wrong, weddings are wonderful, beautiful and happy occasions. I am so happy to be marrying the love of my life in a few months time, but they are difficult to plan. In light of this, I thought I would make a list of all the things I have learned NOT to do during the process of planning. Perhaps it will save you some headaches.
- Don’t freak out. Yes there is a lot going on and lots to do, but don’t panic. It will get done. Freaking out only upsets you and your partner.
- Don’t plan it alone. You may be tempted to take the world upon your shoulders to make the day perfect. Don’t kill yourself through the stress. Instead choose some trusted people (parents, friends, bridesmaids, etc.) and ask them to help with certain tasks. Get the groom involved too! Maybe he is really into a certain portion of the wedding planning in which case, let him be the king of that area. For example, my guy loves music, so he is the boss of the wedding playlist.
- Don’t stress eat. Girl. You need to fit that dress! Don’t eat to relieve the stress of planning. Reduce the planning stress and eat healthy!
- Don’t go gym crazy! Girl. You don’t need to lift the groom over the threshold… Don’t exercise so much that it consumes your life and makes you look like someone your groom won’t recognize. Exercise enough to stay healthy and just choose a few areas to work on if you are concerned.
- Don’t chain yourself to planning. Do other things too. Your wedding is important, but so is your job, your school work, taking your dog on a walk…
- Don’t forget to enjoy it. God-willing, this will be your first and only wedding. Enjoy the experience of planning your special day and cherish the moments with your significant other. Make beautiful memories of this special time!
There you have it! 6 no-nos when planning your wedding. I’m sure there are tons more but I’m still learning as I go!
Share your wedding planning No-Nos in a comment below!