Alrighty, here goes my next tip. To be honest, this one is usually pretty hard for me to do, but it is a pretty important one.
There are so many different ways that people can go about achieving this one. It is really important for us all to relax and have rest for many different reasons. Relaxing helps us de-stress which can cause illness if prolonged. It helps us to enjoy life a bit more and gives us a clearer space in our minds. Most importantly, having some time to rest is something we are commanded to do. In the seventh day of creation, God modelled for us the need to rest (even though I’m sure God didn’t actually need to). Relaxing can also help our bodies, especially if you have an injury. Rest helps healing to occur!
Like I mentioned above, I am not very good at relaxing but I do try to and I have found some ways that work for me. I will list some ideas below and I hope that they will help.
- Read a book. (This is better than watching tv in my opinion. Reading is more stimulating and acts as more of a pick-me-up).
- Take a bubble bath or epsom salt bath.
- Play a game. Board games are great, but a computer game could work too.
- Listen to music.
- Take a nap. (Sometimes people just need a nap to clear their heads and get some extra energy).
- Write. (Let your feelings out or do something creative).
- Create some art.
- Day dream. (Of nice things only, don’t dwell on problems when you are relaxing).
- Do whatever it is you love.
These are just some suggestions and there are so many other ways you can relax. If you are like me, it might be hard to find the time to relax. If this is you, schedule it in! I use a planner almost everyday to remember all the things I have to do. In it, I write in times to relax and what I might want to do. For example, if I am going to have a bath I just write it in my planner on whatever day I hope to do that. I have found that with a bit of extra effort and practice that ensuring I have time to relax has helped me have better health, greater focus, and feel closer to God. I greatly encourage you to try to find something that will help you to relax or maybe share some of your ideas in a comment below. Have an awesome day!